Preview our Privacy Notice (PDF) to understand how we protect personal information.
Learn more about the information we gather online. (Each bullet is an anchor link to topic below)
- Our Use of Web Analytics
- Secure Online Account Access
- Web Browser Requirements
- Contacting American Century Investments
- Notification of Changes
Our Use of Web Analytics
We use third party tools to track the usage of our website. Tracking information does not include any personally identifiable information. Cookies, which are set on behalf of American Century Investments, report this data so we can better understand our users and to improve our site. American Century Investments does not honor "do not track" requests.
If you conduct business with American Century Investments online, you may notice our use of Internet cookies. Cookies enable our systems to recognize your browser and customize your experience on our website and help us better understand how our investors use our website.
What is a Cookie?
What Types of Cookies Do Websites Put on My Computer?
- Temporary: Cookies that are stored on your computer only during your browsing session, and are automatically deleted from your computer when you close your browser. No information is collected from your computer.
- Persistent: Cookies that are stored on your computer and are not deleted when you close your browser. Permanent cookies retain your preferences for a particular website, allowing those preferences to remain for future browsing sessions. No information is collected from your computer.
Types of Cookies
- All Secure Pages use Temporay Cookies. American Century Investments uses temporary cookies on all secure pages. These cookies store a session ID that is not personally identifiable to you, allowing you to move from page to page without having to log in repeatedly.
- All Pages use Persistent Cookies. These cookies are set by Google Analytics and/or Eloqua to help us analyze online behavior and identify areas of the site where users are having difficulty completing a task. We use this information to help build a better website.
- Investment Professionals utilize Persistent Cookies. These cookies are set by Google Analytics and/or Eloqua to help us analyze online behavior and identify areas of the site where users are having difficulty completing a task. We use this information to help build a better website.
- Home Pages utilize Persistent cookies. This cookie is set by American Century Investments and allows customers to bypass the corporate homepage when they indicate a preference for a section of the site they would like to view on future visits.
What is a Clear Gif and How Are They Used? A clear gif, also known as a Web Beacon, is similar in function to cookies. It is a tiny graphic with a unique identifier that is invisible on the page and much smaller, about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Clear gifs track online web movements of our users and inform us what content is effective. Clear gifs do not transmit users' personal information.
In addition, we use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know when they have been opened by the recipients. This allows us to understand the effectiveness of our communications and tailor future emails to meet user needs.
Secure Online Account Access
Web Security and You Protecting your privacy and security is a shared responsibility. We affirm our commitment to safeguard your personal information; however, it is imperative that you protect your Password to prevent unauthorized access to your accounts. For this reason, we strongly suggest that you do not share your Password with anyone. If you do choose to give it to someone, such as a so-called "financial aggregator" that combines information about you from multiple sources over the Internet, you do so at your own risk. We cannot be responsible for any losses you may incur as a result.
Financial Professionals Registration is the unique User Name and Password combination used to log in to gain access to content created exclusively for financial professionals. During the registration process, you have the ability to create your own User Name and Password. After log in, you will find sales tools and fund information designed to help financial professionals help their clients. Any information you provide within the enrollment process helps us verify you are an financial professional and allows us to set up appropriate access to our website. We will send you regular updates about changes to our website which you can opt-out of at anytime. All information collected in the Investment Professionals website Enrollment form is kept confidential, as stated in this Privacy and Security Policy.
Forgotten Passwords or Locked Accounts
Assistance available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Time
Forgotten Passwords or Locked Accounts? 1-800-345-6488
Web Browser Requirements
We require users to access their accounts online with Mozilla Firefox (https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new), Microsoft Internet Explorer (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17621/internet-explorer-downloads), Google Chrome (https://www.google.com/chrome) or Apple Safari (https://www.apple.com/safari). These browsers use 128-bit encryption and Transport Layer Security 1.2 (TLS 1.2). This technology helps enable the security of your online sessions.
If for any reason your session is no longer secure, you will be disconnected from online account access.
If a session is secure, it means that it is encrypted. Every secure page on American Century Investments website has been secured with a digital certificate by Symantec. We use 128-bit encryption, TLS 1.2, and proprietary encryption algorithms to secure your connection when you are accessing your account online. American Century Investments supports 128-bit encryption to provide you with secure access to your account information. If your browser does not support 128-bit encryption or TLS 1.2, we recommend that you upgrade your browser to a newer version. Please access the Mozilla Firefox (https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new), Microsoft Internet Explorer (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17621/internet-explorer-downloads), Google Chrome (https://www.google.com/chrome), or Apple Safari (https://www.apple.com/safari) websites to upgrade your browser to the current version with 128-bit encryption.
Use the information in the chart below to help you determine the security features within your browser.
Browser Security Indicators
Use the information below to help you determine the security features within your browser
All Browsers: No Lock indicates a non-secure connection
Mozilla Firefox (https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new)
Microsoft Internet Explorer* (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17621/internet-explorer-downloads)
Google Chrome (https://www.google.com/chrome)
Apple Safari (https://www.apple.com/safari)
* See Microsoft's Lifecycle Support policy for Internet Explorer (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hub/4095338/microsoft-lifecycle-policy) for more information about supported versions.
To view the encryption certificate, click on the image of the closed lock or globe in the top bar of your browser window. A small frame displaying site security information will appear.
This site may contain links to other sites. American Century Investments is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Contacting American Century Investments
American Century Investments believes that your privacy should be respected. We appreciate and take seriously your trust in us and our ability to safeguard your personal information. For more information about our privacy commitment please Contact Us. (https://corporate.americancentury.com/content/corporate/en/our-firm/about-us/contacts-locations.html)
If you would like to opt out of future marketing mailings, you may:
Mail your request to:
American Century Investments
PO Box 419786
Kansas City, MO 64141-6786
Notification of Changes
We will post any changes to this privacy statement so users are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any we disclose it. If, however, we are going to use personal information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify users by posting a notice on our website for 30 days prior to implementing the change.
Effective Date of this Policy
January 2, 2018